QUINOA STUFFED PEPPERS
- ¾ Ivory quinoa
- 3 tbsp red quinoa (or simply use just one type, whatever is available)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp cumin-coriander powder
- ½ -1 tsp red pepper flakes (or as per taste)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 garlic, minced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ - ½ cup frozen green peas
- ¼ - ½ cup toasted sliced almonds
- Few sprigs of cilantro and mint for garnish
- Salt to taste
- 4-6 colored bell peppers
- Bring quinoa (both if using) and 2 cups water/vegetable stock to a boil in a pan.
- Simmer for 10-12 minutes until all the water is absorbed.
- While that’s cooking, alternatively in a skillet, hear 1 tsp oil. Add cumin seeds and when they brown add the onions, garlic, carrots, bell peppers along with salt. Let it cook for 4-5 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked. You can speed up the process by closing the lid which will create steam and help it to cook faster.
- Add the peas along with spices and cook for another minute or two.
- Next add in the Cooked quinoa to the skillet and give it a mix until well blended along with chopped herbs. You can do a taste test and add more seasoning if you like.
- Meanwhile while that’s cooking, bring a large pot with water to a boil. Chop the tops of 4 (or 6) bell peppers, clean out the veins/seeds and place them in the water for 1-2 minutes or until they are soft. If the bottom of the bell peppers are not level, chop a little from the bottom so that they can sit.
- Once cooked, fill the quinoa pilaf into the peppers, garnish with mint leaves and toasted almonds. Serve Hot. You can reheat them in an oven too.
Recipe By Chefinyou
- avenidadelapaz likes this
- thecommonhourss reblogged this from officialpeta
- thecommonhourss likes this
- aud-dog likes this
- msdeannaelise likes this
- roamingelephant likes this
- artfashionspiritaction reblogged this from officialpeta
- animalfreak11 reblogged this from officialpeta
- officialpeta reblogged this from weird-queer and added:
- graysakura likes this
- theycallthemrogues likes this
- laboogietaylor reblogged this from weird-queer
- officialpeta likes this
- ellinds likes this
- lindal3cter likes this
- vegan-dweeb likes this
- weird-queer posted this